Monday, June 23, 2014

Book of the Month Club?

I was thinking the other day how fun it would be to do an online book of the month club. I love reading, but often get distracted by other things...day to day stuff...or my phone (:s), and don't read as much as I would like to. I think belonging to a book club would encourage me to read a lot more than I currently am. It would also mean I would be reading a lot of current stories rather than how to books, which is what I often crack open.

At the end of each month we could discuss the books in the comments section of a blog post, and mid month we could talk about the next months selection, all suggestions welcome! Two weeks should give everyone time to order the next book (library or from a bookstore) or it could be downloaded to whatever reading device you have.

Would anyone be interested in this?

I would like to start in July and I have two book suggestions:

I am currently halfway through Delancey and it's a great book. Molly Wizenberg has an engaging easy writing style and anyone who has ever started (or thought about starting) their own business will relate to this one.


The second suggestion would be The Fault in our Stars. Currently out in theaters, both the book and movie have had rave reviews. Cancer has touched nearly everyone in some form or another, mix that in with a love story and I suspect this one is a heartfelt tear jerker.



All feedback on this idea is most welcome so please share your thoughts and suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment